Spelt Pretzels w/ Nacho Cheeze Dip
Prep Time 90 mins.
Serves 5 People
1 Jar Nacho Cheeze Sauce
2 cups Spelt Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Instant Active Yeast
1 tbsp. Sugar
1 cup Luke Warm Water
Topping: ¼ cup Vegan Butter
2 tbsp. Everything Bagel Seasoning
For Boiling- 1 qt. Water
1 tsp. Baking Soda
- Sift two cups of flour into a large bowl & mix in 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- Add yeast to another bowl with sugar & lukewarm water. Let the yeast sit for 5 minutes until it bubbles & doubles in size.
- Once the yeast is ready add to the bowl of spelt flour & mix well. It will be sticky at first but keep kneading until it all combines together. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel & let the dough sit for an hour.
- After an hour bring a pot of water & baking soda to a boil.
- Shape the pretzels by rolling out the dough into a 12 in log. Then cut into 3-inch pieces.
- Roll out each piece into thin logs & then twist it into pretzel shapes. Repeat until the dough is done. Take the pretzels & boil each one for 30 seconds.
- Place each pretzel onto a baking tray. Brush butter lightly over each piece & sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake at 425 f. for 12 minutes.
- In a small pot heat up nacho sauce & pour the warm sauce into a bowl.
- DIP AWAY!